Academic Learning Through Physical Activity & Sports
If you like working with children ages 3 to 11, have great interpersonal skills, enjoy physical activity and sports, then you are who we are looking for! Come join our innovative team of math tutors and reading tutors as we engage children in our Academic Learning through Physical Activity and Sports program to build math and reading skills. Our math tutors and reading tutors use our STEM in MotionSM curriculum that integrates math and reading content with physical activity and sports. Math tutors and reading tutors will be required to complete training and pass a criminal background check. Math tutors and reading tutors must be comfortable communicating with parents. We reward great performance with great compensation!
- Proficiency in elementary math and reading.
- Experience instructing children in education or working towards a degree in education.
- Seniors in high school may apply but will be subject to taking an elementary school math assessment and provide copy of transcript.
- Ability to engage children in physical activity such as running, jumping, etc. and have a basic knowledge of basketball, football, soccer or baseball.
- Ability to use patience with students and communicate effectively with students, parents, and staff.
- Must be trust worthy and willing to provide a safe and fun experience for children.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
Math tutors and reading tutors are part-time positions. Must be willing to work evenings and some weekends. Our hours of service are 9am to 8pm Monday – Friday and 10am to 3pm on Saturday.
Send your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (be sure to describe your math skills and your experience working with children). All resume’s will be reviewed, and qualified applicants will be contacted for interview.
What We Do?
Our lesson plans combine hands-on activities with grade level curriculum. We show children the connection between academic content, sports, and physical activity, helping them learn academic content and apply their knowledge to school work.