Academic Learning Through Physical Activity & Sports
If you like working with children ages 4 to 11, have great interpersonal skills, enjoy physical activity and sports, then you are who we are looking for! Come join our innovative team as we engage children in “Academic Learning through Physical Activity and Sports”. All tutors will be required to complete a criminal background check.
Provide quality math and reading instruction to elementary school students. Must be able to incorporate Kinesthetic/Tactile learning into math and reading lessons. Provide excellent customer service to all clients and enforce safety rules. Tutor will be required to commit to a weekly schedule anywhere from 2-6 hours each week.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Bachelors degree or in progress in education, recreation, related field, OR equivalent experience preferred.
- Seniors in high school may apply but must provide copy of high school transcript.
- Proficiency in elementary level math and reading.
- Experience or aptitude to work closely with children in a positive, supportive manner.
- Ability to engage children in physical activity such as running, jumping, etc.
- Ability to use patience with children and communicate effectively with children, parents, and staff.
- Must be trust worthy and willing to provide a safe and fun experience for children.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
Tutor positions are part-time. Must be willing to work evenings and some weekends. Send your resume via email to email@example.com (be sure to describe your math skills and your experience working with children).
Salary: $10 to $12 an hour
For additional information, call (762) 208-5048